Yup, that’s right. By this time next week, Blake and I will have flown over 1300 miles and be spending a week in gamer heaven!
For those of you wondering, “What in the world is E3?” it’s the Electronic Entertainment Expo. It has been the biggest and most anticipated annual video game trade show since it’s start in 1995. PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo go head to head to show off their new and up coming releases of both hardware and software. Many well known game developers go and set up elaborate booths to show off specific anticipated products and to demo new games.
There are those who say that E3 isn’t what it used to be in years past, but that’s not enough to discourage long time gamers like Blake and I! This will be Lost In Reviews’ first year attending, and we couldn’t be more excited.
This year promises to have plenty of exciting things to see. Xbox will be coming back with more from Project Natal (that will hopefully include a better name) as well as some exciting exclusive games like Gears of War 3 and Halo: Reach. PlayStation will have some big reveals as well, like The Last Guardian and LittleBigPlanet 2. There are rumors that this will be one of the biggest years for Nintendo since 2006. They are planning to showcase the Wii Vitality Sensor, the latest addition to the Legend of Zelda series, and fully reveal the 3DS handheld console.
We are scheduled to meet up with quite a few developers who are releasing some of our ‘most anticipated games at E3 2010.’ Here’s a small taste of what we’re looking forward to:
- We are scheduled to have a full tour with Konami. For those who don’t know, some hopeful demos and reveals include Metal Gear Solid: Rising. If you didn’t catch my E3 2009 recap, we were given less than a glimpse of this game last year. Right now all we know is “Lightning Bolt Action. Sneak In.” Not much to go on, but we suspect that this game will be featuring Raiden as the main character, giving the Metal Gear series a new feel. While Snake is generally slow and stealthy, we expect Raiden will be more about the action, considering the mechanical overhaul his character went through. Hopefully we’ll get to see some footage…
- Silent Hill is another game that hasn’t been officially confirmed to be shown but many are anticipating some kind of small first look. The pre-E3 trailer shown only to select press showed a man stumbling down a foggy street before being attacked by an enormous creature. Some are speculating that this new game could be a remake of Silent Hill 2 and others think it could be a first-person shooter. Again, we’ll just have to wait and see.
- Castlevania is not one of our favorite franchises, but we can’t deny that the Castlevania: Lord of Shadows screenshots look amazing and reports from previewers are getting everyone excited. This newest installment boasts challenging puzzles, platforming elements, a new fighting system inspired by Street Fighter (making you think 3 steps ahead), and a 3D world. You can’t help but think that sounds pretty cool!
- Blake and I were huge fans of Fallout 3; we bought all the DLC and are still knocking out achievements on that fantastic game. Lucky us, we get to check out Bethesda’s booth! Fallout: New Vegas is a game we have been looking forward to for a long time, and can’t wait to get our hands on it at E3! A new setting, new characters, new bad guys…what more could a Vault 101 escapee wish for?
- Brink seems like a game that incorporates elements of Team Fortress 2, Mirror’s Edge, and Fallout 3. It’s a first-person shooter with RPG elements that has you leaping and sliding across the maps. While the character models don’t exactly thrill us (they look like some strange crossing of SSX Tricky and EA’s Def Jam) Brink boasts an ability to seamlessly blend the lines between single player and multiplayer games. Apparently gamers will be able to drop in and out of matches at will!
These are just a couple of the developers we will be meeting with during E3 that we are especially excited about. We have quite a few cards up our sleeves including Nintendo, Natsume, Sega, SouthPeak, 2K Games, Majesco, and more. Blake and I will be getting interviews with developers and celebrities, as well as visiting a whole bunch of product booths to fill you in on all the new console accessories that will be hitting the market soon. We will have continuous updates both in type and in video format, so check in with us frequently next week to keep up with all the new and cool stuff that E3 2010 will have to offer!
Let us know what YOU are looking forward to seeing and hearing about! What games are you most excited about that will be (or hopefully be) revealed and announced at this year’s E3?