07.21.2011– Kansas City, Kan.– Kanrocksas Music Festival presented by Samsung with Sprint officially announces the following set times for the first major music event in Kansas City that is transforming Kansas Speedway® as host of the inaugural large two-day festival. The schedule includes the only remaining North American opportunity to see Eminem in 2011 on day one, Friday, August 5, with recent news that the only other two venues the artist is playing are sold out. Day two brings MUSE as the headliner on Saturday, August 6. The stellar line up for the two-day filled with national acts and is expanding with activities, attractions and a large-scale interactive art component.
Friday, August 5 Lineup Schedule
• Winner of Local Band Contest on the Main Stage from 1:30 – 2:00 p.m.
• UME at Stageasaurus Rex from 2:10 – 2:40 p.m.
• The Joy Formidable at Ad Astra from 2:50 – 3:30 p.m.
• Fitz & the Tantrums on the Main Stage from 2:50 – 3:30 p.m.
• D12 at Stageasaurus Rex from 3:40 – 4:20 p.m.
• Jack’s Mannequin at Ad Astra from 4:30 – 5:10 p.m.
• Artic Monkeys on the Main Stage from 4:30 – 5:10 p.m.
• DOOMTREE at Stageasaurus Rex from 5:20 – 6:00 p.m.
• Ellie Goulding at Ad Astra from 6:10 – 7:00 p.m.
• Kid Cudi on the Main Stage from 6:10 – 7:00 p.m.
• Primus at Stageasaurus Rex from 7:10 – 8:10 p.m.
• Ween at Ad Astra from 8:20 – 9:20 p.m.
• Bassnectar on the Main Stage from 8:20 – 9:20 p.m.
• The Flaming Lips at Stageasaurus Rex from 9:30 – 10:40 p.m.
• HEADLINER – Eminem on the Main Stage from 11:00 – 12:30 p.m.
Friday Critical Mass Tent Schedule
• R/D from 4:30 – 5:10 p.m.
• Paper Diamond from 5:20 – 6:00 p.m.
• 12th Planet from 6:15 – 7:00 p.m.
• Treasure Fingers from 7:15 – 8:00 p.m.
• Major Lazer from 8:15 – 9:05 p.m.
• Kaskade from 9:20 – 10:50 p.m.
Saturday, August 6 Lineup Schedule
• Winner of Local Band Contest on the Stageasaurus Rex Stage from 12:30 – 1:00 p.m.
• Rival Sons at Ad Astra from 1:10 – 1:50 p.m.
• Gardens & Villa at Stagesaurus Rex from 2:00 – 2:40 p.m.
• The Black Angels at Ad Astra from 2:50 – 3:30 p.m.
• Best Coast at Stagesaurus Rex from 3:40 – 4:20 p.m.
• OK GO at Ad Astra from 4:30 – 5:20 p.m.
• Grace Potter & The Nocturnals Stagesaurus Rex from 5:30 – 6:20 p.m.
• Cage the Elephant at Ad Astra from 6:30 – 7:20 p.m.
• Flogging Molly at Stagesaurus Rex from 7:30 – 8:20 p.m.
• Girl Talk on the Main Stage from 8:30 – 9:35 p.m.
• A Perfect Circle at Ad Astra from 8:30 – 9:35 p.m.
• The Black Keys at Stagesaurus Rex from 9:45 – 10:50 p.m.
• HEADLINER – Muse on the Main Stage from 11:00 – 12:30 p.m.
Saturday Critical Mass Tent Schedule
• Local Winner 4:00 – 4:40 p.m.
• Kerli from 5:00 – 5:45 p.m.
• Bag Raiders from 6:05 – 6:55 p.m.
• Krafty Kuts from 7:10 – 7:55 p.m.
• Tinie Tempah from 8:15 – 9:05 p.m.
• John Digweed from 9:35 – 10:45 p.m.
• Soundtribe Sector 9 from 11:15 – 1:00 a.m.
Featured Attractions and Activities
• Fireworks Display – Friday night.
• MUSE Laser Light Show – Saturday night.
• Ferris Wheel of Lights – A seven-story rotating light Ferris Wheel will spin and light up the festival.
• Hot Air Balloon Glow – World champion balloonist John Petrehn brings multiple hot air balloons as backdrops for a “balloon glow” as night falls over the festival.
• Water Slide – At 40-feet long and 200-feet high, this is a water slide on steroids for festival guests to cool down in between sets at the Kanrocksas Music Festival.
• Bungee Jumping Trampolines – Jump to the music at up to 24 feet with bungee trampolines.
• Live Art – World renowned artist John Bukaty and Amanda Day Vance-Bukaty with DeltaBlu Visionaries (www.deltablu.com) will direct a cast of as artists and performers for live, interactive and functional art throughout Kanrocksas Music Festival.
General Admission Tickets: General admission tickets are currently offered as one- or two-day passes. Both options include free camping and parking. Two-day passes are $179.00. Single-day passes are $99.00. Ticket prices will increase at the event to $120 for single-day and $225 for two-day passes.
VIP TICKETS: A limited number of VIP tickets are available for the Kanrocksas Music Festival to maintain a high-level experience from arrival through the entire two-days of entertainment. VIP tickets are for the entire two days of the festival for $359.00.
Admission to Festival Parking Lots and Campgrounds:
Entrance to Kanrocksas Music Festival begins at 8:00 a.m. at the main gate (Gate B) at Talladega Blvd at the Kansas Speedway. All attendee’s are required to have and wear a wristband prior to entering the facility, which can be picked up on location. All festival attendees wearing the required Kanrocksas admission wristband will immediately be directed to the parking lot or campsite. Wristbands are available to be picked up prior to the festival at the Capitol Federal Park at Sandstone State Av. Box Office on Wednesday, August 3 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and on Thursday, August 4 from 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Tent camping and parking is free to guests and allows access of passenger cars, trucks and SUV’s, with parking based on a first-come-first-served basis. On site RV and recreational parking is also available for no cost. Day parking allows attendees to enter and leave with access on Talladega Speedway until 4:00 a.m.
For more details about the two-day music event, full line up and more information on Kanrocksas, to view or download a full version of the Kanrocksas Music Festival Event Guide, please visit www.kanrocksas.com.
About Kanrocksas Music Festival
Samsung with Sprint presents Kanrocksas Music Festival debuts in the Kansas City metro area at Kansas Speedway®, August 5 – 6, 2011 with headliners Eminem and Muse as well as with national acts and international deejays during the 2-day, 2-night festival. Kanrocksas Music Festival is the creation of Brandmeyer Fritz Festivals (BFF), a festival organizing company comprised of Bill Brandmeyer and Chris Fritz. Brandmeyer is a successful entrepreneur who has led on many business ventures over the course of his career, while Fritz is a national figure in the concert promotions industry. Partnering with Mammoth Entertainment, a leading concert producing company based in Lawrence, Kan., BFF is dedicated to launching a successful music festival that will entertain the Kansas City-area and the nation for many years to come. For breaking news and announcements, follow Kanrocksas Music Festival on Facebook (www.facebook.com/kanrocksas) or Twitter (www.twitter.com/kanrocksas). Visit the website as the hub of all details related to the Kanrocksas Music Festival at www.kanrocksas.com and sign up on the database to opt-in for exclusive alerts and news