Win a screening pass for you and a guest to see DARK SHADOWS in Kansas City!
In the year 1752, Joshua and Naomi Collins, with young son Barnabas, set sail from Liverpool, England to start a new life in America. But even an ocean was not enough to escape the mysterious curse that has plagued their family. Two decades pass and Barnabas (Johnny Depp) has the world at his feet—or at least the town of Collinsport, Maine. The master of Collinwood Manor, Barnabas is rich, powerful and an inveterate playboy…until he makes the grave mistake of breaking the heart of Angelique Bouchard (Eva Green). A witch, in every sense of the word, Angelique dooms him to a fate worse than death: turning him into a vampire, and then burying him alive. Two centuries later, Barnabas is inadvertently freed from his tomb and emerges into the very changed world of 1972. He returns to Collinwood Manor to find that his once-grand estate has fallen into ruin. The dysfunctional remnants of the Collins family have fared little better, each harboring their own dark secrets.
To win passes answer any five of the following ten questions on the form related to the TV series Dark Shadows and the film versions director Tim Burton. Those that answer their selected questions correctly will be entered to win a pass for the screening!
1. In the TV series Barnabas was not referred to as a vampire until which episode?
2. This actor holds the record for playing the most characters in the series. Who is the actor?
3. What was the location of where the Collinswood mansion exterior was filmed?
4. This actress appeared in Dark Shadows as well as the 1971 version of Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory.
5. These two stars of Dark Shadows served as judges for the Miss American Vampire Contest.
The following questions relate to the career of Dark Shadows director Tim Burton.
1. What Actor is tthe godfather of Burton’s son Billy?
2. This 1984 Burton film is being remade by the director. What is it?
3. Hans Zimmer conducted the score for this Tim Burton film.
4. How many films has Johnny Depp made with Tim Burton?
5. This 1994 film was meant to take Burton to the high seas, instead he ended up in Hollyweird. Which film was Burton going to direct? and which did he end up directing?
Screening will be held on Monday May 7 at 7:30 PM at the AMC Olathe Studio 30
Contest closes on Saturday May 5
DARK SHADOWS opens nationwide Friday May 11, 2012
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Winners randomly selected. Limit one pass per entry. Pass admits two.